Do it yourself – S-Video to RCA (Composite) Cable / Adapter




This is part of the “How to connect laptop/ desktop computer to a TV” series


I wanted to connect my laptop to my TV so I went to some shop and got a cheap cable. It NEVER worked. I am perfectly sure that they have messed up with the wiring.

Anyways, I just pulled out the S Video jack and the AV / RCA jack from it and wired it up. Worked like a charm.

What you need:

1) Soldering Iron

2) Ceramic Capacitor 470pF Recommended (Capacitors with larger values would work but it might make the pictures … um … slightly unclear). You will get this in some electronic items like radios, monitors etc (Technically ANY electronic item). I salvaged a 1000pF capacitor out of a broken monitor.

How to identifiy a Capacitor:

You’ll find 3 numbers.

1) Write down the first two number.

2) Third number is number of zeros after the first two numbers.


Eg :

102 – 1000 pF

471 – 470 pF

Procedure:

1) Wire it up as per the picture. 🙂


































NumberDescriptionPin Color Coding

1


Ground (Y)


Ground


BLACK


2


Ground (C)


Ground


YELLOW


3


Y – Intensity (Luminance)


Signal


RED


4


C – Color (Chrominance)


Signal through Ceramic Capacitor


WHITE






How to connect a Laptop / Computer to a TV








Popular posts from this blog

倭马亚王朝

Gabbro

托萊多 (西班牙)