bourne

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


See also: Bourne



Contents





  • 1 English

    • 1.1 Noun

      • 1.1.1 Derived terms


      • 1.1.2 Related terms



    • 1.2 Anagrams





English



Noun


bourne (countable and uncountable, plural bournes)



  1. (countable, archaic) A boundary.

    • c. 1599–1602, Shakespeare, William, Hamlet, act 3, scene 1:
      But that the dread of something after death, / The undiscover'd country from whose bourn[e] / No traveller returns


    • 1879, Stevenson, Robert Louis, Travels with a Donkey in the Cévennes:
      []and though I did not stop in my advance, yet I went on slowly, like a man who should have passed a bourne unnoticed, and strayed into the country of the dead.


    • 1889, Tennyson, Alfred, Crossing the Bar:
      For though from out our bourne of Time and Place,
      The flood may bear me far,
      I hope to see my Pilot face to face
      When I have crossed the bar.



  2. (archaic) A goal or destination.


  3. (countable) A stream or brook in which water flows only seasonally.


Derived terms



  • (seasonal stream): nailbourne, winterbourne


Related terms



  • (seasonal stream): bourn (small stream), burn (stream)


Anagrams



  • unbore, unrobe

Popular posts from this blog

倭马亚王朝

Gabbro

托萊多 (西班牙)